- O'Neal, S. L. and C. A. Woody. 2011. Canada’s Fraser River: Reasons for sockeye salmon declines with a comparison to Bristol Bay. Fisheries Research and Consulting. 22pp.
- Woody, C. A. and S. L. O'Neal. 2010. Fish surveys in headwater streams of the Nushagak and Kvichak River drainages Bristol Bay, Alaska, 2008 - 2010. Nature Conservancy. 39 pp.
- Woody, C. A. and B. Higman. 2011. Groundwater as Essential Salmon Habitat In Nushagak and Kvichak River Headwaters: Issues Relative to Mining. Fisheries Research Consulting and Ground Truth Trekking. 18 pp.
- Woody, C. A., R. M. Hughes, E. J. Wagner, T. P. Quinn, L. H. Roulson, L. M. Martin, and K. Griswold. 2010. The mining law of 1872: Change is overdue. Perspective: Policy. Fisheries 35(7):321-331.
- Ramstad, K. M., C. A. Woody, and F. W. Allendorf. 2009. Recent local adaptation of sockeye salmon to glacial spawning habitats. Evol. Ecol. 24(2):391-411.
- Young, D. B. and C. A. Woody. 2009. Lake Clark sockeye escapement and population monitoring, 2004-2007. Final Report for Study FIS 05-402. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. 52 pp. (pdf file 642 kb).
- Yamamoto, Y., C. A. Woody, T. Shoji, and H. Ueda. 2008. Olfactory nerve response of masu salmon (Oncorhynchus masou Brevoort) and rainbow trout (O. mykiss Walbaum) to clove oil and MS-222. Aquaculture Research. 2008:1-9.Kvichak subsistence Use nonsalmon 2004
- Woody, C. A. Editor. 2007. Sockeye salmon evolution, ecology and management. American Fisheries Society Symposium No. 53. Bethesda, MD.
- Woody, C. A. 2007. Counting towers as an abundance estimation tool for salmon. Pages 363-384. In Johnson, D. H., B. M. Shrier, J. S. O’Neal, J. A. Knutzen, X. Augerot, T. A. O’Neil, T. N. Pearsons, editors. Salmonid Field Protocol Handbook. American Fisheries Society, Symposium No. 57. Bethesda, MD. (PDF file 343 kb)
- Young, D.B. and C.A. Woody. 2007. The spawning distribution of sockeye salmon in a glacially influenced watershed: the importance of glacial habitats. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society. 136:452—459 (PDF file 193 kb)
- Kline, T.C. Jr., C.A. Woody, M.A. Bishop, S.P. Powers, and E.E.Knudsen. 2007. Assessment of marine derived nutrients in the Copper River Delta, Alaska using natural abundance of the stable isotopes of nitrogen, sulfur, and carbon. Pages 51‒72 in C.A. Woody (editor). Evolution, ecology and management of sockeye salmon. American Fisheries Society Symposium No. 54. Bethesda, MD. (PDF file 226 kb)
- Woody, C. A. and D. B. Young. 2007. Life history and essential habitats of humpback whitefish in Lake Clark National Park, Kvichak River watershed, Alaska. Annual Report FIS05-0403. US Fish and Wildlife Service. Federal Office of Subsistence Management, Anchorage, Alaska. (PDF file 395 kb)
- Ramstad, K.M., C. A. Woody, C. Habicht, G. K. Sage, J. E. Seeb, and F. W. Allendorf. 2007. Concordance of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA markers in detecting a founder event in Lake Clark sockeye salmon. American Fisheries Society Symposium 54:31-50. (Abstract - PDF file 48 kb)
- Reynolds, J.H., C.A. Woody, N.E. Gove, and L.F. Fair. 2007. Efficiently estimating salmon escapement uncertainty using systematically sampled data. Pages 121-129 in C.A. Woody (editor). Evolution, ecology and management of sockeye salmon. American Fisheries Society Symposium No. 54. Bethesda, MD.
- Young, D.B. and C.A. Woody. 2006. Dynamic in-lake spawning migrations by female sockeye salmon. Ecology of Freshwater Fish. 115: 1-11.
- Young, D. B. and C. A. Woody. 2006. Lake Clark Sockeye Salmon Escapement and Population Monitoring. Annual Report FIS 05-402. US Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Office of Subsistence Management, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Woody, C. A. 2004. Population monitoring of sockeye salmon from the Newhalen and Tazimina Rivers, Kvichak River watershed, Bristol Bay, Alaska, 2000-2003. 01-095, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Subsistence Management. Anchorage, AK. 38 pp.(pdf file 583 kb)
- K. M. Ramstad, C. A. Woody, G. K. Sage, and F. W. Allendorf. 2004. Founding events influence genetic population structure of sockeye salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka) in Lake Clark, Alaska. Molecular Ecology 13:277-290.
- Woody, C. A. 2003. Unlocking the secrets of Lake Clark sockeye salmon. Alaska Park Science. National Park Service. Alaska Support Office, Anchorage AK. Summer 2003 Issue.
- Woody, C. A., K. M. Ramstad, D. B. Young, G. K. Sage, F. W. Allendorf. 2003. Lake Clark sockeye salmon population assessment. Final Report No. FIS 01-042 to the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Office of Subsistence Management, Fisheries Resource Monitoring Program.
- Ramstad, K. and C. A. Woody. 2003. Radio tag retention and tag related mortality in migrating sockeye salmon. North American Journal of Fishery Management. 23:978-982. (PDF file 14 kb)
- Yuzo Yamamoto, Takayuki Shoji, Carol Woody, and Hiroshi Ueda. 2003. Effects of clove oil on the olfactory response in salmonid fishes. Published abstract from Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan.
- D. Rogers, T. Quinn, D. Schindler, R. Britton, R. Hilborn, C. A. Woody. 2003. Alaska Salmon Research 2002. School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences. University of Washington. SAFS-UW-0304. 41 pp.
- Woody, C. A., J. Nelson, and K. Ramstad. 2002. Clove oil as an anaesthetic for adult sockeye salmon: field trials. Journal of Fish Biology. 60:340-347.
- Woody, C. A., J. Olsen, P. Bentzen, and J. Reynolds. 2000. Temporal variation of genotypic and phenotypic traits of two sockeye salmon populations, Tustumena Lake, Alaska. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society. 129:1031-1043. (pdf file 164 kb)
- Woody, C. A. 1998. Ecological, morphological, genetic and life history characteristics of two sockeye salmon populations, Tustumena Lake, Alaska. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Washington. 114 pp.
- Konecki, J. T. (deceased), C. A. Woody, and T. P. Quinn. 1995. Influence of temperature on incubation rates of coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) from ten Washington populations. Northwest Science, 69(2):126-132.
- Konecki, J. T. (deceased), C. Woody, and T. P. Quinn. 1995. Critical thermal maxima of coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) fry under field and laboratory acclimation regimes. Canadian Journal of Zoology. 73: 993 - 996.
- Konecki, J. T. (deceased), C. Woody, and T. P. Quinn. 1995. Temperature preference in two populations of juvenile coho salmon, (Oncorhynchus kisutch). Environmental Biology of Fishes. 44: 417 - 421. (pdf file 414 kb)
- Konecki, J. T., C. Woody, and T. P. Quinn. 1993. Thermal adaptations of Washington coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) populations: incubation, preference and tolerance. School of Fisheries/Center for Streamside Studies, University of Washington. Final Report to Washington Forest Protection Association.
- Woody, C. A. and L. Holland - Bartels. 1993. Reproductive characteristics of a population of washboard mussels, Megalonaias nervosa (Rafinesque 1820), in the upper Mississippi River. Journal of Freshwater Ecology. 8: 57 - 66.
- Woody, C. A. and S. Riefensthul. 1991. Stream side incubation of chum salmon eggs at two streams on Kuiu Island, Alaska. Proceedings of the 15th N.E. Pacific pink and chum salmon workshop. Pacific salmon commission. Vancouver, B. C.
- Woody, C. A. 1988. Reproductive biology, growth, and verification of three fish hosts of Magnonaias nervosa (Rafinesque, 1820) (Bivalvia: Unionidae) in the east channel of navigation pool 10, upper Mississippi River. Masters Thesis. University of Wisconsin, Lacrosse, Wisconsin.